Vítejte v Bohumíně - městě plném kontrastů
Osobnosti narozené dnes:
Building of the former Town Hall No. 43
Construction of the Town Hall building designed by the architect Victor Madera from Olomouc was decided by the town council on 14 December, 1899.
In Záblatí, Na Pískách there is a unique sight in the territory of the Czech Republic which informs us about the settlement and life of people in the period of the recession of the last Ice Age. Dating – 10th and 9th millennium B.C.
Evangelical Church of Silesian Evangelical Church of Augsburg Confession
This Neo-Gothic building from red burnt bricks was built in 15 months and consecrated in October 1901. The tower with the cross is 38.5 m high.
Filial Cemetery Chapel of All Saints
The chapel was built in 1901. Its builder is buried under its altar.
Chapel of St. Cross called Pustyňa
This small Baroque building behind the cemetery in Starý Bohumín dates back to the half of the 18th century.
Chapel of the Guardian Angels in Stary Bohumin
It comes from 1831 when a large cholera epidemic struck.
Church of Our Lady of Sorrows in Skrečoň
The single-nave orientated church of a fair-face masonry with lower transept and polygonal finish. In the frontal part of the church there is a tetrahedral, three times elongated upward tapering tower.
Church of St. Catherine of Alexandria and St. James in Vrbice
On the basement of recommendation of the municipal council from 14 March, 1908 and 11 December 1909, the inaugural meeting of the Catholic League regarding the construction of a new church in Vrbice took place on 3rd February, 1910.
Infantry blockhouse MO S-5 Na Trati
The premises consists of two forts on both sides of the railway track connected with an underground passage. It is the only building of this kind in the whole fort system which was declared a cultural historical sight.
The building of the Town Hall with a meteorological post was declared a cultural monument on 29th February, 2008.
National house no. 37
National house no. 37 is an example of a magnificent town hotel from the beginning of the 20th century with quality Art Nouveau architecture.
One of few locations proving the settlement of the northern frontier of the Moravian Gate and the upper Odra area in the Neolithic Age.
Presbyterian Church of the Divine Heart of God
The Catholic church of the Divine Heart of God which is made from red bricks was built from 1892 to 1895 is pseudo-Gothic.
Presbyterian Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary
The church is in fact a late Gothic building from the last third of the 15th century having a medieval tower from 1620 and side chapels from 1668 and 1771.
Station Building of the Railway Station in Bohumin
The railway station was built in 1860 at the place of the former old building from 1847. It has stucco decorations and it was built for the Northern Ferdinand railway.
Statue of St. Jan Nepomucky
It dates back to the 2nd half of the 18th century and it is an important object supporting the visual dominant feature of the square.
Steel walking path over the railway yard
A unique technical sight from the beginning of the 20th century is situated in the premises of the railway station and aesthetically complements the railway station building.
The architectural complex of the present Town Hall
The architectural complex of the present town hall dates back to the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century when it served as a complex of school buildings.
The building of the former town hall
It belongs to the first buildings of the new town centre (it was built in 1897). It has an important aesthetic function in the area of the T. G. Masaryk square. The municipal office was found in the former part of the Bohumin-Sunychl- train station.
The building of the Roman-Catholic presbytery
Building of the Roman-Catholic presbytery was built from red bricks in 1905 by the building company of Richarda Munk in the centre of Nový Bohumín and belongs to the Neo-Gothic style.
The crypt of the Counts Henckels from Donnersmarck
This small two-storey Baroque building was built in 1752 and in the 19th century it was adapted.
The Chapel of Our Lady\'s Name in Šunychl
The single-oriented fair-face masonry building with a rectangular floor plan with a polygonal finish. The axis of the front tower and the north side of the building annex sacristy.
Town house no. 45
The building originates from 1900 – 1901. It’s located on the square Svobody in Starý Bohumín and is bright proof of the former quality urban architecture.
Copyright © 2000–2013 MěÚ Bohumín – Město Bohumín – All rights reserved